We are living through an unprecedented time. Now, more than ever, we are committed to educating young people about the fundamental skills of public health. The Master Academy in Population Health will be offered exclusively as a virtual learning experience in summer 2021. Sign up for our immersive summer program today!
What do gun violence, food insecurity and racial profiling have in common?
These are all issues that future leaders in public health will tackle to eliminate health disparities.
The Master Academy in Population Health provides rising 10th – 12th graders an engaging and intensive exposure to a wide range of public health experiences. Students will be immersed in a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in skill-building and team-building activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test innovative public health solutions
- An introduction to the foundations of public health, followed by a deeper dive into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, and Global Health
- Practice experiential learning activities, such as using statistical software to analyze and communicate research
- Students will be mentored as they identify a public health challenge in their community, research an innovative solution and prepare a podcast, webinar or featured blog to communicate their research.