We are living through an unprecedented time. While there are still many unknowns, the health and safety of our program participants is of primary concern to us. Because of this, we at PHX have decided to cancel our on-campus summer youth programs, PopHealthExperience and Master Academy in Population Health.
Now, more than ever, we are committed to educating people of all ages about the fundamental skills of public health. Sign up for our newsletter to learn more about other free and low-cost virtual offerings from PHX.
What do gun violence, food insecurity and racial profiling have in common?
These are all issues that future leaders in public health will tackle to eliminate health disparities.
The Master Academy in Population Health provides rising 11th and 12th graders an engaging and intensive exposure to a wide range of public health experiences. Students will be immersed in a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in skill-building and team-building activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test innovative public health solutions
- An introduction to the foundations of public health, followed by a deeper dive into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, and Global Health
- Practice experiential learning activities, such as using statistical software to analyze and communicate research
- Students will be mentored as they identify a public health challenge in their community, research an innovative solution and prepare a podcast, webinar or featured blog to communicate their research.