What do homelessness, green space in cities, and the flu vaccine have in common? These are issues that public health professionals tackle every day.
The PopHealthExperience offers rising 7th-10th-graders an engaging and immersive introduction to the field of public health. Students learn from Boston University School of Public Health faculty and graduate students about a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
PopHealthExperience 2020 | June 22-26
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in fun teamwork activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test imaginative public health solutions.
What they’ll learn:
- We’ll start by introducing the foundations of public health and then delve deeper into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, and Epidemiology.
- We ’ll practice experiential learning activities such as disease detective cases where students test all of their newly acquired knowledge to determine what is the cause of an epidemic.
- We’ll mentor students as they identify a public health challenge in their community and prepare a presentation with possible solutions.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us with any additional questions!