We are living through an unprecedented time. Now, more than ever, we are committed to educating young people about the fundamental skills of public health. The PopHealthExperience will be offered as a residential learning experience in summer 2022. Sign up for our immersive summer program today!
What do homelessness, air pollution in cities, and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic have in common? These are issues that public health professionals tackle every day.
The PopHealthExperience offers rising 10th-12th-graders an engaging and immersive introduction to the field of public health. Students learn from Boston University School of Public Health faculty and graduate students about a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in fun teamwork activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test imaginative public health solutions.
What they’ll learn:
- We’ll start by introducing the foundations of public health and then delve deeper into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Health Advocacy and Health Policy.
- We ’ll practice experiential learning activities such as case studies where students test all of their newly acquired knowledge to determine what is the cause of an epidemic.
- We’ll analyze public policy examples and how they shape health and take students on a tour of the Massachusetts State House.
- We’ll mentor students as they identify a public health challenge in their community and prepare a mini-documentary explaining the challenge and its possible solutions.
See an example of last year’s program schedule here
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us with any additional questions!
|Your donation has an impact on the future of public health. Your contribution to PHX can help a rising 10th-12th grader attend the PopHealthExperience summer enrichment program. Learn More.|