We are living through an unprecedented time. Now, more than ever, we are committed to educating young people about the fundamental skills of public health. The PopHealthExperience will be offered as an in-person learning experience in summer 2023.
What do homelessness, air pollution in cities, and the COVID-19 pandemic have in common? These are issues that public health professionals tackle every day.
The PopHealthExperience offers rising 10th-12th-graders an engaging and immersive introduction to the field of public health. Students learn from Boston University School of Public Health faculty and graduate students about a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in fun teamwork activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test imaginative public health solutions.
What they’ll learn:
- Students will learn the foundations of public health and then delve deeper into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Public Health Advocacy and Policy.
- Students will test their newly acquired knowledge through experiential learning activities such as case studies to determine what is the cause of an epidemic.
- Students will learn to analyze public policy examples and how they shape health, culminating in a tour of the Massachusetts State House.
- Throughout the program we will mentor students to identify a public health challenge in their community and to develop a short digital media advocacy piece explaining the challenge and its possible solutions.
See a sample of last year’s program schedule here
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us with any additional questions!
There are a limited amount of scholarships available, apply here!
|Your donation has an impact on the future of public health. Your contribution to PHX can help a rising 10th-12th grader attend the PopHealthExperience summer enrichment program. Learn More.|