We are living through an unprecedented time. While there are still many unknowns, the health and safety of our program participants is of primary concern to us. Because of this, we at PHX have decided to cancel our on-campus summer youth programs, PopHealthExperience and Master Academy in Population Health.
Now, more than ever, we are committed to educating people of all ages about the fundamental skills of public health. Sign up for our newsletter to learn more about other free and low-cost virtual offerings from PHX.
What do homelessness, green space in cities, and the flu vaccine have in common? These are issues that public health professionals tackle every day.
The PopHealthExperience offers rising 7th-10th-graders an engaging and immersive introduction to the field of public health. Students learn from Boston University School of Public Health faculty and graduate students about a range of public health topics, participate in hands-on research activities, discover career choices, and develop leadership skills.
What they’ll do:
- Build confidence in their problem-solving skills.
- Participate in fun teamwork activities.
- Experiment, design, analyze, and test imaginative public health solutions.
What they’ll learn:
- We’ll start by introducing the foundations of public health and then delve deeper into the areas of Biostatistics, Environmental Health, and Epidemiology.
- We ’ll practice experiential learning activities such as disease detective cases where students test all of their newly acquired knowledge to determine what is the cause of an epidemic.
- We’ll mentor students as they identify a public health challenge in their community and prepare a presentation with possible solutions.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us with any additional questions!
|Your donation has an impact on the future of public health. Your contribution to PHX can help a rising 7th-10th grader attend the PopHealthExperience summer enrichment program. Learn More.|