Given the current environment, healthcare organizations are facing the need to change rapidly in order to continue to provide safe, efficient and effective care to patients. Processes need constant change, patient values are regularly shifting. There is no better way to position you and your organization for success than being armed with tools and concepts that support collaborative, meaningful change while maximizing value for the patient.
This program is designed to prepare participants to plan and successfully implement lean management driven processes in healthcare organizations. It teaches lean principles and leverages case studies/discussion with the goal of building an invaluable skills that will support positive organizational impact. Participants who successfully complete the program will earn a Lean Green Belt certificate.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the philosophy, core concepts and tools of lean management;
- Critically think and evaluate existing processes in healthcare using lean methodology;
- Develop decision making and leadership skills to efficiently implement lean methods;
- Analyze how structures, processes and outcomes observed in the organization are related;
- Apply structured approaches for implementing change.
This program has been approved by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for a maximum of 20 CPHQ continuing education credits.
Participants who meet the program requirements are eligible to receive a badge of completion.