Registration for this program is closed.
This completely online program provides a comprehensive introduction to the use of biostatistics in the field of public health. Participants will learn to compute and interpret descriptive and inferential statistics using SAS JMP®. Topics will include descriptive statistics and graphical displays of data, probability, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing for means and proportions, linear and logistic regression and survival analysis.
The program runs over eight weeks and includes graded project work for feedback.
Upon completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Generate appropriate descriptive statistics to summarize public health data using SAS JMP®;
- Compute and interpret confidence interval estimates and tests of hypothesis using SAS JMP®;
- Interpret statistical results, tables, and figures from public health literature;
- Appropriately interpret and present, in lay terms, descriptive statistics, estimates, tests of hypothesis, crude and adjusted measures of effect
Included in the program are:
- Kindle book edition of Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health, 3d Edition;
- A 2-year license of SAS JMP® Student Edition software
There are no pre-requisites for this program.
Participants who meet the following requirements are eligible to receive a badge of completion:
- Complete the reading, video lectures and activities;
- Complete end of module quizzes and projects – project must be turned in and will be reviewed with comments provided.
It is expected that the work will require roughly 5 hours per week.